In order to be considered for a Carespring Hero Scholarship Fund an applicant must:
- Be a current employee or an unmarried child or stepchild of a current employee of Carespring or one of its ffiliates. “Child” shall include natural children, legally adopted children or stepchildren who are dependent upon the employee for support and maintenance and are less than 26 years of age;
- Be an employee (or parent of a dependent child) and must be a full-time employee of Carespring, or one of its affiliates, and have worked at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months prior to the application deadline. (Full-time is defined as regularly scheduled to work a minimum of 30 hours/week).
- Be enrolled, or have been accepted, into one of the following programs at a nonproprietary college or university: Nursing – RN, LPNand BSN; Therapy – Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathologist, Accredited Physical Therapy Assistant orAccredited Occupational Therapy Assistant-working to
obtaintheir degree and carry at least 3 credit hours per term;
- Have a minimum GPA (Grade PointAverage) of 2.5 if already attending college or a minimumGPA of 2.5 if a graduating senior inhigh school;
- Provide a letter o freference from within Carespring, or one of its affiliates, if a current employee or if a qualified dependent child provide a letter of reference from some one within one of the Carespring facilities or anynon-relative qualified to judge the character, integrity and potential of the applicant;
- Submit a brief essay, not to exceed 2 pages, that outlines their career goals and motivation for their educational pursuit;
The amount of the scholarship award shall be determined by the Carespring Hero
Scholarship Selection Committee in cooperation with the Cincinnati Scholarship
Foundation, the administrator of the Fund and a 501-c-(3) non-profit organization.
April 30, 2017