In order to be considered for a Carespring Hero Scholarship Fund an applicant must:
- Be a current employee or an unmarried child or stepchild of a current employee of Carespring or one of its affiliates. “Child” shall include natural children, legally adopted children or stepchildren who are dependent upon the employee for support and maintenance and are less than 26 years of age;
- Be actively employed with Carespring or one of its affiliates for the last 12 consecutive months and be a Full Time or Part Time employee (or parent of a dependent child) of Carespring, or one of its affiliates. If a full-time employee of Carespring, or one of its affiliates, and have worked at least 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months prior to the application deadline. (Full-time is defined as regularly scheduled to work a minimum of 30 hours/week), or a Part Time employee (Part time is defined as averaging 24 hours or more per week over the last 12 months). PRN are not eligible.
- Be enrolled, or have been accepted, into one of the following programs at an accredited college or university: Nursing – RN, LPN and BSN; Therapy – Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathologist, Accredited Physical Therapy Assistant or accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant-working to obtain their degree and carry at least 3 credit hours per term; have a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.5 if already attending college or a minimum GPA of 2.5 if a graduating senior in high school;
- Provide a letter of reference from within Carespring, or one of its affiliates, if a current employee or if a qualified dependent child provide a letter of reference from some one within one of the Carespring facilities or any non-relative qualified to judge the character, integrity and potential of the applicant;
- Submit a brief essay, not to exceed 2 pages, that outlines their career goals and motivation for their educational pursuit;
- Have completed and submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Submit with their application a copy of the resume; a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR), and a copy of the Financial Aid Award Letter from the college/university they will be attending.
The amount of the scholarship award shall be determined by the Carespring Hero
Scholarship Selection Committee in cooperation with the Cincinnati Scholarship
Foundation, the administrator of the Fund and a 501-c-(3) non-profit organization.
April 30, 2019